Cruelty Free Makeup Brushes | Synthetic Vs. Natural
Cruelty Free Makeup Brushes | Synthetic vs. Natural: it’s enough to make you bristle!
Nowadays there is so much choice when it comes to makeup brushes, so many different brands, shapes, sizes and more importantly materials. What should you spend your money on? In this article we’ll look at the benefits of cruelty free makeup brushes (synthetic) over natural (animal hair) brushes.
Firstly, should you be surprised to see synthetic makeup brushes on a website all about natural products? The answer’s no, because when it comes to natural v synthetic, it’s man-made that wins hands down.
Natural hair (or animal hair) traditionally comes from horses, goats, badgers and squirrels, and even mink and sable. We’re proud to say that animals didn’t have to die in slaughterhouses or fur farms to provide us with our cruelty free makeup brushes.
Modern, hi-tech synthetic hair is a world away from the root-pulling nylon brushes of old. Here are just some of the benefits;
Cruelty free makeup brushes (synthetic) – The benefits:
Synthetic makeup brushes are cleaner and more hygienic than ones
made of animal hair. Natural bristles, although once favoured by many leading
beauty professionals due to their ability to pick up and hold more powder, tend
to have fine nooks & cracks making them much harder to clean and more
likely to hold bacteria.
- Cruelty free makeup brushes or synthetic are less likely to cause allergic reactions.
They are often antibacterial making synthetic a much better choice for people
with sensitive skin or allergies to animal fur.
- Shedding, breakage and bristle fall out is not a big problem with synthetic makeup brushes, as it is with natural brushes, resulting in a better performing and more consistent brush.
- Synthetic bristles maintain shape, texture and performance over time, while natural bristles tend to become sharp and prickly which can in-turn aggravate sensitive skin.
- It’s easier to keep synthetic makeup brushes clean as they don’t trap or absorb pigments. As mentioned, natural bristles where once favoured due to their ability to pick up and hold more makeup, the same feature unfortunately makes the bristles very difficult to keep clean.
- Synthetic bristles have a much longer lifespan than natural bristles. They are often dyed and baked to make them softer, more absorbent and less prone to damage. Natural brushes tend to deteriorate much quicker, demanding you replace them more frequently.
- Natural brushes tend to be more expensive than synthetic, mainly due to their perceived quality. Nowadays however, cruelty free makeup brushes or synthetic generally exceed that quality and offer many more benefits at a much lower cost.
In conclusion we believe that with today’s technology there is simply no need to use animal-hair brushes. New high-tech cruelty free synthetic makeup brushes perform just as well (if not better) without having to harm a hair on an animal’s head.
Every BareFace minerals® brush, from our precision eyeliner to the soft and cute oversized Kabuki, is made with the finest quality synthetic hair, resulting in the most advanced synthetic makeup brushes on the market today. Best of all, you can rest easy knowing you’re using Vegan certified, Cruelty free makeup brushes.